Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cottage Book Club

Ladies:
It's my pleasure to host you all up at the cottage for our annual book club weekend get away at Lake Simcoe. This weekend is back by popular demand, despite some rumblings that some of you may not be able to make it. So I thought I would send the post out early to make sure we have the attendance to make blowing up the floating island worthwhile.
The details:
Saturday August 10th arrive anytime. I go up in the morning, who ever arrives during the day we have a light lunch and lots of snacks. Then I do everything for dinner while you all float on the lake. We talk about the book and party into the night, perhaps Carolyn will skinny dip, as she's prone to doing, etc.
Sunday August 11th we get up, I go for a run depending on Saturday night's consumption! Then we make breakfast(Carolyn's famous waffles) then all spouses and children are invited up from 11:00am or so onward to enjoy the lake, the boat, we bbq and stay as long as you like.

So Ladies, please let me know if you are joining us! I will send a separate email with the address and directions so as to not post to the world wide web where 10hot ladies will be skinny dipping! Feel free to ride up or drive car pooling works too!

Looking forward to it,
Laura

18 comments:

Marney said...

Sorry to say but I was one of those who wasn't going to make it... Just away too many weekends in a row in August and need to just have a weekend of nothing. Enjoy the island and drinks with little umbrellas!

barbara donaldson said...

I am on holiday in Newfoundland. It really does look like the commercials on TV. I wish I was attending the weekend. It is so fun. And I LOVE the island.

Christine said...

Can't wait for our annual lake Simcoe experience!!! Elva and I usually arrive around lunch on Saturday.

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Barb I'm so jealous ( not envious) that you are vacationing in Newfoundland- I so want to go there!!

Nats said...

I'm missing my cousin's wedding to attend! looking forward to it.

Natalie

Nats said...

I'm missing my cousin's wedding for this! Looking forward to it :)

Elva said...

I think I can make it -- however my dad's birthday is on the 11th but it may be celebrated earlier this year....I will get back to you again

Elva Maria

Jacqueline said...

I regret that I will not be able to join you for what's sure to be a fun filled book club event. Hopefully next year - enjoy! XO

Dawn said...

I will be there!

Dawn said...

I will be there!

Carol Sloan said...

I am coming!! Will arrive late and leave early but will be there at some point.

Elva said...

Sorry about last minute decision but I am coming up with Christine as per usual and, we will bring up some food for light lunch etc. looking forward to a break with the girls!

Elva

Miriana said...

This sounds like so much fun! This is the best book club ever. Unfortunately we are leaving for our summer holiday on Friday so I will not be able to join.
Have a great time and see everyone in September.

Marney said...

Enjoy discussing Natalie's book choice... I strongly disliked the book and need to confess my library e-loaner expired before I could finish it! I was going to say I "hated" the book but it sounds like something I'll regret saying in my next life! My guess is if I didn't like the book Carol did so you should have some fun discussions!

May the sun shine all weekend long - enjoy the Island. See you all in September!

Laura said...

Looking forward to it souns like we have a great group! See you all Saturday does anyone still need directions or did you get my email. Let me know.

Carol Sloan said...

Laura,
My email has gone down. Could you rensend me directions?
thanking you.

Laura said...

Sorry to send the directions so late, i was at canada's wonderland all day until 9pm and then we went for Chinese. Feel free to come up when you want park the car and enjoy the lake if you're there before me I am getting my groceries in the morning so I hope to be there by 11:00, don't wait for me the weather looks good and you don't need me to access the dock. If my neighbour Joy asks say You're with Laura's book club.

The cottage is 1041 Lake Drive. It does not come up on Gps so here is how you get to us:
Take 401 east
404 North
Exit Green lane (final exit)
Turn right on green lane
First set of lights turn left Woodbine
Stay in Woodbine until it ends, which is at a little bend in the road right after you see the yellow sign J.C Trailers.
At this bend you turn left then quick right so that you remain on Woodbine until you hit the lake.
Turn left at the lake
The cottage is the 3rd one on the left white cottage black roof.