Friday, May 4, 2018

Judy Rebick book now on for Oct 1/ June 4 is "My Name is Lucy Barton."

Hi all. I ran into Judy last night and we got it sorted out. She's too busy with the tour right now, but can come to our book club to discuss "Heroes in my Head" for our October meeting, which is October 1 (first Monday).  I think it is worth waiting for her. We haven't set that up yet in the schedule because it is too far ahead. So that will be my book choice for next year! And we don't know who is hosting yet, but I'd rather it wasn't me since I promised to pick her up.

Is that ok with everyone?

For the upcoming book club in June, which is July 4 at Julia's, I choose, "My Name is Lucy Barton," by Elizabeth Strout. I'm not sure if she's difficult - it's a matter of perspective. But there certainly is one difficult woman in the book. It's a straight up novel, kind of nice even, almost heartwarming. I thought it might be a nice change and she is an excellent writer.

Apologies to Nats who is already in Spain and is now reading ahead for this coming October. But Lucy Barton is a fast read.

See you June 4 at Julia's.

Jane

No comments: