Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Hey! I'm away again for the upcoming book club and I'm supposed to choose for June. Prompted by Barb, I'm choosing "Heroes in my Head" by Judy Rebick.
https://houseofanansi.com/products/heroes-in-my-head

I have invited Judy to join us, although I have not yet heard back. It is possible she may say she can come at a later date, in which case I'll have to switch with someone (again) but I think it will be worth the chaos to have the chance to talk with her. She's really great. Hoping I hear from her soonish. Whether or not she can come, I think the book is going to generate quite a bit of discussion.

If you find the book engaging, she has been interviewed several times about it. Here is a link to CBC.
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-april-10-2018-1.4611587/how-judy-rebick-s-11-personalities-helped-her-cope-with-the-abuse-she-suffered-as-a-child-1.4611611

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ladies:
I am so sad that I am not going to be at book club it is Alex's confirmation rehearsal at the church. I really wanted to be present for the discussion. I read the book and I like her message, I just wish it was written better, especially given she refers to herself as being "Good with words" throughout. Also I found that her timelines and stories she spoke about in the end of the book contradicted what she referred to in the beginning of the book. Otherwise I am glad the #Metoo movement conversation continues especially given the events on Yonge street and the daily discrimination we face as women. I am so happy I am surrounded by your powerful girls.