Monday, January 27, 2014

The Long Walk to 4 Croft Street

I'm hosting book club at 4 Croft Street on Monday February 3. I am really looking forward to the discussion. I am loving the book, even though I find it long and contains too many names and details. Talk about the value of a good education!

Croft Street is a back alley running one way south. It is 1.5 blocks east of Bathurst and just north of College. Parking is tricky. There is no parking on Croft, try either Lippincott to the west or Borden to the east. You can also park on College Street but you have to pay until 9:00.

For those struggling, there is a great primer aimed at junior high students called Mandela for Young Beginners - kind of a highlights guide. I haven't seen the film, but that might be good too.

Let me know if you are coming, I promise not to cook mealies or prison food.

9 comments:

Marney said...

I'll be there and I'm confessing now that I've not read more than a quarter of the book... couldn't do it... just not my type of book! I did read the children's book Barb suggested and feel a little smarter but not really! Looking forward to learning more on Monday!

CT said...

Hi Barb. I will be there. Loving the book! It is an excellent autobiography. On page 400 - should be able to finish in time for book club.

carolyn said...

I am desperately trying to finish the book. I look forward to the rousing discussion.

Elva said...

I will be there, and may have to check out your junior high school student version since I was too distracted writing report cards --
Thanks Barb.

Miriana said...

I will be there - getting close on this big old book. getting close......

Nats said...

Be a bit late but will be there

Jacqueline said...

I took a pause from the marathon read this past week. At least the last 150 pages will be fresh in my mind - so many details to remember and to discuss!

Carol Sloan said...

Okay, no point in pretending. Read zero pages of the book and have not even bought the book. For real. 4 jobs, buying a house, filing taxes and planning to leave town for 6 weeks was all i could muster. Sorry gals.
I am swinging by to have a drink and see you lovely ladies and then I am out before dinner. I have a party I must not miss before leaving on trip.
See you then.
xoxo

Laura said...

Im coming sisters working my way through not as far as I'd like to be, but really enjoying it.
See you soon happy birthday Carolyn!