Monday, January 7, 2013

Our January 2013 Book is....

The book Barb selected for January is "The Sentimentalists" by Johanna Skibsrud.  Next month's dinner is at Christine's and at that meeting we'll be selecting the "type/types" of books we want to read for the coming year.  If you have ideas/suggestions on what might be interesting to read feel free to post them here before the meeting or bring them in Feburary, all ideas welcome as we make up the rules to this club as we go... there are no wrong books and I can guarantee everyone will not like the same book regardless of what we pick which is what makes this so interesting!

Natalie - you did a wonderful job hosting tonight.  Your house is so warm & welcoming.  There were so many different conversations from Stanley the holiday Elf to Caroline's tree selection that I'm certain I missed something but I know I had a terrific time... oh and the book discussion was also great!  It was a lovely meal and I was hoping you'd have cupcakes and you didn't disappoint!

Caroline - 419 was a great book and certainly brought forth many interesting discussions, thanks for leading the discussion, always difficult to keep us all on topic!  Glad to see Carol & I remain consistent, if I like the book she doesn't and vice versa!  At least we are predictable.

Christine - so great you managed to make it this evening with so much going on in your life.  I hope things take a turn for the better with your sister, please remember to keep us in the loop as we all care.  We'll send good thougths your way.

No comments: