Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cottage Book Club August 14th

Ladies here is the plan for the third annual cottage book club up at Lake Simcoe.

For the drivers, the easiest route is to take the 404 North from Toronto to Green Lane(the final exit) Turn right on Green Lane. Turn left at the first lights onto Woodbine. Take Woodbine all the way to the lake. At J.C Trailers a yellow sign on the left, you will see you have to do a little jog to the left to remain on Woodbine to take it to the lake. Our cottage is the 3rd (#1041) on the left. We will follow the same format as the two previous years. Book club Ladies only on the Saturday. I will take care of dinner for the facilitated discussion of the 13th Tale on Saturday night.

I will likely go up Saturday before lunch so I am happy to make lunch for Saturday as well. As for Sunday all significant others and children are welcome to join us for a day of fun in the sun. We usually do a pot luck bbq for all. Please let me know when you plan on arriving so we can plan food by numbers accordingly. For the bike riders, Dave rides up all the time I can ask him for his route as Woodbine is only 2 lanes and a little dangerous. Let me know. Also I will be planning on getting a run in on Saturday and Sunday for those who want to join me. You don't need to bring anything to sleep. There are 5 beds and I will be bringing all the freshly laundered sheets to make them. Also I just got back yesterday and the lake is a beautiful temperature, so be sure to bring your swim suits. Dave will take us all out on the boat on Sunday. Sunzanne Duras will be joining us this year. Let me know which meal you are coming for and would like to contribute to. Carolyn B will not be doing her famous waffles this year as she is biking. I don't mind bringing my waffle iron just don't have high expectations.
The meals
Saturday lunch
Sunday breakfast
Sunday bbq

Looking forward to it, pray for good weather!

10 comments:

faith Orfus said...

Hi ladies,
It is with regret I will not be able to make the cottage as my store is opening on the 20th and I must go to NYC from 13th to 17th do some last minute buying. Things have been pretty crazy these last few months and I can't wait to see you all. Oh by the way I saw you all on cityline and you all looked lovely! Have a blast
Faith

Christine said...

Hi Laura,
We can bring some burgers for the Sunday BBQ!
Christine

Elva said...

Hi Laura,

I am looking forward to another great bookclub weekend at your cottage! My guys are in for Sunday -- we'll think of something to bring. Maybe we can all go up together Saturday like we did last year??

Natalie Mullins said...

Laura: I have to go out of town on teh 13th. I'm really sorry that I can't make it - I was really looking forward to the cottage book club weekend and am loving the book. I'll explain the situation more when I see you. Natalie

Laura said...

Ladies it looks like we might be a small group this year. Carolyn B? Barb D and M? are you coming.

Babs said...

Laura,
Its with sincere regret that I also cannot commit to this weekend. My current job is all consuming to say the least. I've been working most weekends and it looks as is this one is going to be no exception... so sorry but its a reality of my chosen career!

I hope you have a great time and if my week unfolds differently I will notify you asap!! I dont take the opportunity to jump in a lake with friends lightly... :)

- Barb M

carolyn said...

Hello Laura,
I am most certainly coming this weekend. My cycling partner has abandoned me so I will be driving up with Crafty Barbie. That means morning waffles. Can someone do a fruit salad and bacon?

barbara donaldson said...

I will bring the fruit salad and bacon. And yes Carolyn and I will come up together. Not sure when we're going to leave on saturday.

Laura said...

Okay Carolyn your cycling loss is our waffle gain! Christine and Elva I am happy to drive you up I will call Christine tonight with the plan. Happy to hear the guys and the kids are there Sunday. Sunday looks covered for food thanks for chipping in everyone. I've got Saturday all wrapped up we're good! Carolyn I will facebook Peggi and extend the invite again this year please do the same if you see her. Our coundt so far is Caro B, Barb D, Chris, Elva, Laura, possible Suzanne and Peggi.

Melissa said...

so sad that I can't make it. I know you will have a wonderful time. I'll see you all in September.