Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cottage Book Club

Hello Ladies: The date we chose for the cottage book club is Saturday July 11th. For those who attended last year you will remember that the cottage is very close to the Tdot and take approx 45 minutes to be at the beach!! The plan will be close to last year. I will be making the most of being away from my kids and husband so I will be up there in the morning on Saturday. I will take care of Saturday Night dinner as the host. Depending on when everyone is arriving do we all want to contribute for Saturday lunch and Sunday breakfast, and snacks? This year we were thinking that we would have the kids, husbands, partners join us on Sunday for a bbq and a swim, again depending on who wants to join we can also contribute to that. Dave and my kids will be coming on Sunday so I will be bringing hamburgers and salad stuff for that too. The format that worked last year was sun and celebrity gossip during the day on Saturday, (You will be happy to hear my parents built a newer larger dock that will allows us to spread out more), and book club conversation over dinner. This year I will be looking to get a run or two in and possibly a bike if anyone is interested. There are 5 queen sized beds and two single beds. I will put fresh sheets on all beds Saturday morning, so no need to bring anything to sleep. 3 piece working bathroom and all the fixings in a full kitchen. Car-pooling works, I can take anyone who wants to go up early. Please respond when you are coming so we can plan food accordingly and if you need a ride. All condiments etc will be up there as my family will have just been there on the long weekend. Hope this is enough info for now. Looking forward to it!

19 comments:

Melissa said...

I have a wedding on July 11th but I was hoping I could come up and hang out on Sunday. I know that means I'll miss the book discussion but at least I won't miss some social time with all of you. Laura, let me know if that works for you.

:)
Melissa

barbara donaldson said...

Unfortunately I can't make it for any part of the weekend. We are beginning our summer vacation that weekend and are off to Vermont on the Thursday:-(. I'm sorry I'll miss the discussion and the food.

carolyn said...

I'll make breakfast of waffles and fresh fruit.

Christine said...

I will come early hopefully with Elva, per last time, and Elva and I will do lunch for Saturday.
My hubby and kids will come Sunday for the afternoon BBQ.
Christine

Babs said...

July 11 I'll be back in Vancouver AGAIN ...this time for my 20 year high school reunion!! That very night in fact. Bummed I'll miss you all again. I hope that everyone has a great June / July and I will see you in August!

Barb xo

Carolyn A said...

Sounds great! Count me in for sure! I'll bring lots of snacks for Saturday afternoon/night. Looking forward to it!
Count me in for the run too - but not the ride. Road riding sucks on a mountain bike :)

lori said...

Yay! I cancelled my camping trip so now I can make it to the cottage book-club meeting! I would love to get a ride with you Laura early saturday... and bring my bike up so we can do a training ride...

I've done some riding up there and its really nice.

Yay! Babes, Bikes, Beach, Books.... it's going to be fun!!

lori said...

I will bring veggie burgers for Saturday Lunch.

Laura said...

Okay ladies, the book club is looking great! So far we have Elva, Christine, Lori, Carolyn A, Carolyn B. The two Babs are out and Melissa is coming Sunday. Just waiting to hear from Joanna and Faith. I am driving Elva, Christine and Lori, so we will be up Saturday morning. Keep praying for good weather everyone. Thanks for all the food offers and ideas, it's going to be a yummy weekend!

lori said...

Okay..., thanks laura! I want to help with saturday lunch... I was going to bring some veggie burgers... is that okay with everyone?? if anyone wants to being sides or something that would be cool.

See you at the cottage!
lori

Christine said...

I will bring some veggie skewers that we can BBQ for lunch on Saturday or Sunday pm. Peter will bring hotdogs and hamburgers for Sunday as well.
Christine

carolyn said...

Hi Laura,
I'll be coming up Sat. afternoon. Marc has to work on Sunday and will not be able to make it to the cottage.

Laura said...

Okay Ladies the count down is on. 3 sleeps till the cottage. I am cooking Indian to suit the book. Looks like we have a good crowd, can someone tell me if Faith and Joanna are joining us. Please if you read this respond. I think we're in for a great time. I am following this up with an email since it seems this does not get checked by everyone. Check your email for more details. See you saturday!

Melissa said...

I'll be driving up for a visit on Sunday. Laura, can you suggest what I can bring to contribute to the food for the day.

lori said...

Thanks Laura! I'll make sure I have enough veggie burgers for the 6 of us and some extra too.

I'm going to bring my running shoes and try to keep up with you guys on a run.

See you Saturday!
lori

Christine said...

Elva called me and said she will be bringing corn, watermelon, white wine and club soda (for spritzers), and extra burgers for Sunday. What time are we meeting Saturday for pick up Laura?
Christine

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Christine, I'll pick you guys up around 10:00am , does that work?
Laura

Laura said...

Melissa, it is totally up to you, don't feel you have to bring anything on Sunday, the only thing that I can think of is a dessert or salad, everything else is pretty much covered. Your choice, fresh fruit works as well, don't go to any trouble, we're just glad you're coming up.