Monday, November 18, 2013

Come celebrate the season...

...and be thankful we live in Canada - that's how I feel after reading Camp 14!

I was going to try to serve Korean food but since I don't eat red meat and all the food (or lack of it) in the book made me lose my enthusiasm I'm now picking up that great lasagna  from  Bologna Pastifico.  I need to figure out which to buy - veal vs veggie so please let me know if you coming and which type you prefer.

My address is 218 Rusholme Road, south of Bloor, west of Dovercourt.  It's a one way south and my house is in the second block down. Home phone 416-535-5785 or cell 416-720-0161.  Everyone will finally get to see the amazing kitchen Carol designed back in the spring, I'll see if we can see my sister's as well!

15 comments:

carolyn said...

I'm coming and I love meat.

barbara donaldson said...

I have planned my Winnipeg travel around this event. So looking forward to it. I'm good with either meat or veggie.

Christine said...

I am coming but don't eat meat. I don't want to be a killjoy! Marnie since most people love meat, and it is our holiday dinner, I am happy to enjoy a wonderful salad and wine, and dessert!!! No need to change the menu.

Elva said...

Hi Marney,

I like both meat and veggie lasagna.

See you Monday!

Do we have any Kris Kringle rules? how many swipes, keeping your own, host gets to decide, etc.

Elva said...

I was also thinking, maybe we should forgo gifts and give our donation to charity -- my school is collecting money for the Phillipines. -- Just a thought,

Marney said...

Is it horrible to want to keep Kris Kringle? And as for rules... I say let Carolyn decide... Her dad was a mall Santa for many years so I think she has connections with the big guy's rule book!

barbara donaldson said...

Again, book club keeps us current with the world. This story is so wrong, I don't even know where to begin.

http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/fashion-blog/2013/nov/25/north-korea-chic-elle-military-fashion

Jacqueline said...

Veggie for me please. Although I'm afraid it won't be the most pleasant book to discuss over any kind of food.

Nats said...

I will be there and I love meat.

Jacqueline said...

The Fifth Estate aired an episode on North Korea which you may be interested in watching; The Last Great Escape (Nov.29, 2013)http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Shows/the+fifth+estate/ID/2421338237/

Laura said...

I'll be there and I eat everything! I have my gift is it still on?

Marney said...

Gifts still on - see you tomorrow!

Carol Sloan said...

Coming.
I eat every damn thing.

Dawn said...

I am coming and looking forward to it!

Unknown said...

i will be there! looking forward to it. sorry for the late reply.