Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What a fun gift exchange and amazing dinner hosted by Carol!  Everything was so perfect it was hard to believe Carol had been up to work @330am today - super woman no doubt!  The discussion around a book that was loved and not so loved should make Natalie proud she picked well and now I look forward to Carolyn's December read.

"419" is Carolyn's choice and the author is Will Ferguson.  As noted by Barb if you order it online at Amazon or Indigo it will be cheaper than picking it up in the bookstore.

Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful holiday season, until next year happy reading and thanks to all of you for making this a fantastic book club... you've made/helped me read some wonderful books this year and I look forward to the books yet to be read in 2013.  Happy Happy!

3 comments:

Nats said...

I "concur" with Marney's comments about Super Carol. It would be great if you could forward where you picked up all that amazing food!!!

Carol Sloan said...

Ladies you are welcome.

I have to say that I am so pleased to be a part of this book club and want to thank you all for including me as a member. I look forward to it every month and it never disappoints. I think it is safe to say that one would be hard pressed to find a group of women as dynamic, talented, witty, successful and intelligent as the group of you are. So thanks a bunch for having me.

Here is where things came from...
Turkey pot pie - Summerhill Market
Veggie pot pie -- Mabels
Egg Nog Ice cream -- Ed's Real Scoop
Shortbread -- Mary Macleod's

Reminder that the 'ghetto baked brie' was made with double cream brie covered in, that's right, Pillsbury crescent rolls. It's no big deal that the fat content of that circle of goodness is 110 grams.

Happy Holidays and see you in the new year. Drink and be merry.


Christine said...

Thanks Carol for an awesome evening!!