Monday, September 24, 2012

October 2012 Book Club

Hotel du Lac is set on the shores of Lake Geneva, unfortunately I know this thanks to Wikipedia and not because I have started the book. I am excited about serving raclette, a traditional Swiss dish, and Swiss inspired chocolate fondue for dessert. The view will be the shores of Lake Ontario, daylight and weather permitting!

Time: 7 p.m.
Place: 4201-2191 Yonge Street (North Tower)
South/East corner of Yonge & Eglinton
Underground public parking is available – look for the blue P just after the TD bank sign.

8 comments:

Elva said...

I'll be there! Thanks Jacqueline.

Christine said...

Sounds wonderful! Will be there

barbara donaldson said...

Hi Jacqueline,

I'll be there. The menu sounds fantastic. I'm glad you didn't chose veal -- the book references the colour of overcooked veal often and it is very off putting.

For those who have finished the book and want to read a snarky summary of it try this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/jul/04/hotel-du-lac-anita-brookner?INTCMP=SRCH

And for the snarky summary of our favorite book not to read at book club, I present the Digested Read of 50 Shades of Grey http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/apr/29/fifty-shades-grey-digested-read

carolyn said...

Your menu sounds like a lot of un. I will try and find a wine that will pair with your dinner.

Marney said...

I'm in! You sure don't get any views of anything but traffic from my office window so i look forward to seeing what things look like across the street many floors up! Looking forward to seeing everyone Monday, still not finished the book but I like it!

Laura said...

Dawn and I are coming looking forward to it you're making my favorite dish.
Laura

Nats said...

Looking forward to discussing this most uplifting book

Carol Sloan said...

Girls I am dying to come but sadly I am shooting and have to wrap out of the studio, which will keep me late. Have fun and I will see you in November.
me
xo