Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cottage Retreat

Hello Ladies:
This Saturday July 7th is the start of the cottage retreat. I just spent the long weekend there and it was glorious. I am happy to report as of this weekend there is a new addition to the water front...."the aqua island" thank you Costco, it is a 7 person floating island equipped with coolers and chairs and a little foot bath in the middle!  I can't decide if this is where we will discuss the Pale King or inside during dinner !!! I am pretty sure I know that 7 of us are going to be there, but just reply to the blog so I can be certain.  The weekend itinerary is as follows: I will likely be up there before 10:00am.  Let me know if you are coming up during the day and I will count you in for a light lunch.  I will also be cooking dinner for you all in true host style. dinner will be when our appetites say so but around 7:00pm just so you can pace your snacking.  Then the night is ours, late night swim, bon fire, what ever we want. Saturday can be exercise day filled with biking, running and most importantly lounging on the island drinking! Sunday morning we do breakfast, we can all chip in and then the men folk and kids are welcome to joining us anytime after 11:00 am roughly. For Sunday if you are bringing your family and kids, let's do a collective pot luck bbq style as we have done in the past, please respond to the blog so we have an idea of what we need for the family feast. I have burgers and sliders as a start. From there all kids and men are welcome there are 10,000 beach toys and lots to do....did I mention the island! Bring life jackets for your kids.  Other than that there are fresh sheets on all the beds, there are 3 queens in the main cottage and 2 doubles and 2 singles up stairs in the back bunkie.  The directions:
1041 Lake drive
Take 401 to 404 north
Exit Green Lane (final exit on 404) turn right
Left (first left) on woodbine avenue
Take woodbine all the way to the end you will turn left just past J.C Trailers (yellow sign)
Take this little woodbine extension to the lake,
Turn left at lake
3rd cottage on your left
There is no phone number just call my cell 416-518-8167

See you then!

10 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds fantastic Laura. I would like to come in the morning with Elva and Xavier. Elva is still in Florida, and when she gets back, we will confirm our times. Peter, Ricky, Roberto, and baby Jakob will arrive Sunday. (big Jakop is riding his motorcycle from Florida, so he won't be coming). We can contribute to the BBQ - let me know what you would like - corn, hotdogs, skewers, etc?? Also, Elva and I can contribute snacks and lunch?!! I guess I need to speak to her - but I am open to any ideas, just tell me what you need and I can bring it.

Marney said...

I so will miss experiencing the floating island but I won't miss discussing the book! Yes, it's true I never finished it but I'm happy to say I can still rate it on Christine's scale and feel like it truly had "a chance"! Swamplandia on the other hand is sitting on the night stand in the hotel and Train Dreams is still in the suitcase as as you can see I may be drinking solo and not soaking up the sun on the book club island but I'm still committed! Enjoy this month's meeting, sorry I missed it. I'll entertain you all with tails of travelling with a 22yr old and his girlfriend along with his step-dad who's never been on a "family vacation" in August when I see you all. Happy Summer!

barbara donaldson said...

Laura, I am very keen to try the island and the weekend sounds terrific. Carolyn and I plan to come up early on saturday morning - time to be confirmed to ride bikes. This assumes that it is not raining. I will bring bacon and fruit for breakfast on sunday morning. I think Carolyn will continue her role as the waffle queen. Will add more later this week. I'm very excited!

Carol Sloan said...

Ladies I am afraid I have to miss my second book club in a row. I was totally forgetting that this girls weekend is our 25th annual and so there are many festivities to be had on Friday night and I must attend. I am pleased to report that we too have purchased the costco island and will be drinking on the water.
Enjoy ladies.

Christine said...

Ok Laura - spoke to Elva. Here's an update:
Elva and I will try to get there in the morning between 10am -11am. We will be contributing to the light lunch we are making a tuna/aspargus/roasted red pepper/hard boiled egg/olive/onion/tomato salad - very Spanish style to celebrate Spain's domination in the soccer world!! We are bringing veggies, hummous dip, crackers, chips, & watermelon for snacks. Also beverages - cranberry cocktail, wine etc. Jakop, Jakob, Peter, Ricky & Roberto will arrive Sunday with their choice of BBQ (Jakop will bring hamburgers and hotdogs with buns), and Peter will bring his choice (don't know yet if they are skewers or burgers)!! and beer!!
Drinks for the kids! Hope that helps!! I will also be bringing tomatoes, onions for the burger toppings. I know you have all the condiments.

carolyn said...

Hi Laura,

Barbie and I will be coming closer to 2pm. I will be making the morning waffles.
I can't wait to be on the floating dock discussing trivial Hollywood. If we talk about the Pale King in the water, I might accidentally drown from sheer boredom. This book was like the perfect sleep aid.
Marc is not joining us.

Dawn said...

Hi all, as you know Laura, I won't be there on sat until dinner time. As for breakfast, I will bring bread for toast and a carton of eggs and cheese for scrabbled eggs. I will bring a home made potato salad for lunch on Sunday as well as some hot dogs and buns for th kids. Let me know if there is anything else you need me to bring!

Dawn

Dawn said...

Me again, instead of hot dogs I am going to bring curried chicken for Sunday lunch.......

Laura said...

Omg ladies you are bringing too much...please do not feel you have to bring all that, I got the burgers and a salad for Sunday and I have a salad for lunch as well so we have lots. Also i have lots of dronks for kids. My blog was not updating so thought no one had commented past Carol, sorry for the late response please do not feel you have to bring so much. See you soon rain or shine.

Christine said...

Thanks again Laura for an awesome weekend. The island added to a the sisterhood of the bookclub! We all had a blast! It was so much fun seeing all the families together.