Wednesday, October 20, 2010

November Book Club is Early

November book club will be at my house on Monday November 1st.

Monday November 1
7:00 pm
4 Croft Street
(Croft St is 1.5 blks east of Bathurst, I'm just north of College)

There is no parking on Croft Street, the best bet is to park on College (where you pay) or on either side street - Borden or Lippincott.

Dinner is still a work in progress, but I don't think it will be steak, beans or hard biscuit. Please let me know if you will be coming.

Barb Margetts will facilitate Half Broke Horses.

I am the book selector for December. My choice is The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa. It is a story about the beauty of math and was recommended by a friend who read it in her Montreal book club.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

8 comments:

Christine said...

I will be there Barb!

Melissa said...

Between report cards and 6 weeks of bronchitis, I will be unable to attend the meeting this month.
:(
Melissa

Elva said...

I'll be there too Barb. Looking forward to seeing you all and discussing the book which was a good read!

barbara donaldson said...

Not sure if this will impact anyone .... but the Harbord Residents Association is having a Pumpkin walk on Harbord from 5-7pm on monday night. I'm not sure what this means for road closures, but I think it means that traffic on Harbord will be ugly. However, if you are near Harbord, you can see all the left over carved Jack o Lanterns from the neighborhood.

Babs said...

See you tonight after the pumpkin walk! Love those. ;)

carolyn said...

In.
c

Laura said...

I'm in. See you soon, I will bring your goggles and bathing cap, sorry for the late response

lori said...

I totally forgot about book club!!! I read the book and absolutely LOVED it! I am reading The Corrections right now and it's really great too.