Tuesday, December 2, 2008

February Book Choice

For those with a little more time over the holidays, or if you want to pad your gift list with the February book pick....

DeNiro's Game by Rawi Hage

http://www.aelaq.org/mrb/feature.php?issue=19&article=545&cat=1
http://www.harpercollins.com/author/authorExtra.aspx?authorID=33496&isbn13=9780061470578&displayType=bookessay

It is by a Montreal writer who spent many years driving a taxi as he tried to write this book. It was short listed for the Giller and won the IMPAC Dublin Literary Award in 2008. I see that it has been republished in a super cheap paperback version for around $10.

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Barb,
I can't seem to get on to write a blog - I opened an account, but it is to create a new blog?!! Anyways, I just wanted to update that I will be hosting in February. I am looking forward to your book choice.
Christine

Elva said...

Hi again, this is my second attempt at blogging so if I am repeating myself please forgive me. I am looking forward to hosting this January. Jacqueline should be around for it as well. Thanks for the book selection.
Laura, a big congratulations, just in case you're blogging or someone is on your behalf, boys rock!